Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

As a transfer student, how do I get my classes approved?

Student must provide a copy of transcripts and class syllabus from previous institution that contains 40 percent or more gender concentration.

Where do I find the list of courses offered by CWGS?

Please visit →Academics → Current Course Offerings → Click on the desired semester.

Where and how can I apply for a Bachelors or Certificate program?

Visit and complete the appropriate forms located under the “Academics” section. Please make an appointment with a CWGS advisor to complete the paperwork before submitting at One Stop.

Does Women’s and Gender Studies offer any scholarship opportunities; if so where do I apply?

CWGS offers two scholarships each academic year, the Elaine Gordon Scholarship and the 200 Society of Professional Woman Scholarship. Please check our website for details.

Who can apply for the Elaine Gordon Scholarship?

All undergraduate students who are admitted in the College of Arts, Sciences & Education as a Women’s Studies Major or Certificate earner, have completed or are enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours of Women’s Studies, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.

PantherSoft will not let me register for the WST course I want. The section is listed as closed. What can I do?

If the section is closed, it is because the enrollment capacity has been reached. Contact our office to see whether an override is possible or not.

How many classes are required for the Certificate or the Major?

Our certificate is 18 credits and our major is 30 credits

I want to major in Women’s Studies, but I am worried about excess credit hours. What should I do?

We offer many cross-listed courses that satisfy multiple requirements, and some classes do not count against your excess credit counter (e.g. Internship).

As a Bachelor in Women’s and Gender Studies, can I pursue a Certificate in Queer studies as well?

Yes, students are encouraged to apply for a secondary certificate program.

Can I count lower division courses towards the certificate or the major?

No, all courses must be upper division (3000 or above).

Which WST courses satisfy the Global Learning requirement?

WST 3106 and WST 3120.

Which WST courses satisfy the Gordon Rule Writing Requirement (GRW)?

WST 3015 (offered both fully online and onsite).