The 200 Scholarship was donated by A Society of Professional Women, Inc., an organization of Dade County women from different professions. The group established this scholarship program for women students at FIU who demonstrate strong ability but face financial need. The award recognizes that women face multiple barriers to furthering their education. This scholarship is intended to help women students focus their attention mainly on education and career goals.
The 200 Scholarship application will be available starting December 1, 2018. Find it by searching for "200" at fiu.academicworks.com.
Deadline for Submission: March 1, 2019
To be considered for this award, a student must submit:
- A biographical essay that includes educational background, a reason for applying for the award, explanation of how the student’s career goals will advance women’s place in society.
- Financial need statement. (one paragraph)
- An unofficial FIU transcript reflecting all coursework completed.
- One letter of recommendation from an FIU professor.
- Open to female-identifying residents of South Florida who are U.S. citizens.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Undergraduate with a minimum of one prior semester at FIU and a full year of remaining studies at the inception of the award (in the fall semester).
- Low-income student.
- Must be fully admitted in the College of Arts and Sciences as a Women's and Gender Studies Major or Certificate earner.